Setting Explicit content Settings.

We'll expand from here as necessary.
KrisB-71854
Sapling

Setting Explicit content Settings.

Post by KrisB-71854 »

I was following the Naruto path until I made it to http://fanficaddventure.atwebpages.com/?seed=10. That's where I hit the explicit content filtering. There was a link there to go to the control panel to set various settings. That errored out on me. I also made a note to set a birth date. I don't have birthdate anywhere in my control panel options as of yet.

How do I turn on some of that stuff? Does it filter everything or just certain stuff? I don't mind explicit stuff, and enjoy some yuri, but would rather filter out the slash. Can I set that up?

If so, how?
Stephen
Site Admin

Re: Setting Explicit content Settings.

Post by Stephen »

woah, sorry, still figuring out phpBB... http://fanficaddventure.atwebpages.com/ ... .php?i=178 try this one, it's a "custom profile field" combined with the birthdate entered at the top.
Laiam
Sapling

Post by Laiam »

might be a limitation of the newly-registered group.
Stephen
Site Admin

Post by Stephen »

right, okay that works i guess, newly registered users will need to make a single topic post in the welcome forum (hidden to everyone else now) and then once a mod approves it they'll gain access to birthday and profile fields and whatnot.

I went ahead and just moved everyone that registered so far out of the new users group.
Stephen
Site Admin

Post by Stephen »

that's what I get for trying to be clever.... the custom fields aren't initialized until a user saves them on that page.
Chilord
Adorably new poster

Post by Chilord »

Seems a bit overly complicated for you to do it that way.
Silence has Fallen, have some respect for its passing.
Laiam
Sapling

Post by Laiam »

Chilord wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:00 pm Seems a bit overly complicated for you to do it that way.
Stephen is nothing if not complicated.
KrisB-71854
Sapling

Post by KrisB-71854 »

It seems to be working when I tested it yesterday. I replied through the yahoo group. I figured that I'd reply here for completeness.

I noticed the new full tree on the front page. So far, I like it.